For the confirmation of your enrolment, you will also be paying a non-refundable deposit that shall be a part of your course fee and will be outlined in your student agreement letter. Please visit our Refund Policy and Procedures located in Policy & Procedures Online (www.leaders.edu.au).
Refunds – International Students
This section outlines the refund process for international students. The non-refundable tuition fee component and application fee are non-refundable. An international student will receive a refund of tuition fees in full where:
- The offshore student visa application is refused; or
- The student is unable to commence their course because of a serious and prolonged illness, disability or death of an immediate family member; or
- The offer of a place is withdrawn by Leaders; or
- The course which was applied for ceases to be offered by Leaders. An international student who defaults is not eligible to a refund of tuition or other fees. A student defaults when the student has one of the followings ;
- Supplied fraudulent, forged or deliberately misleading information and/or documentation to Leaders.
- Had the enrollment cancelled due to either academic or behavioral misconduct during the semester in which the misconduct occurred.
- Failed to notify their request for refund within 90 days of the end of the semester in which the tuition fee was applicable.
- Had their Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) cancelled due to non-commencement of studies, lack of academic progress, failure to attend the required classes or other reasons within the student’s control.
- Submitted the request for withdrawal from unit(s) after the census date.
When a student is enrolled in a package course and has not yet commenced the principal course, a refund will not be available on any deposit or advance payment of tuition fees for their principal course.
- Exceptional Circumstances
A refund may be granted to a student who makes changes to, or withdraws from a unit, after the census date, provided evidence is supplied that the student had ceased attendance by the census date, and was unable to notify Leaders for reasons beyond his or her control. An application for a refund after census date will
- Beyond the student’s control; and
- Did not make their full impact on the student until on or after the census date; and
- Such that it made it impracticable for the student to complete the units(s) of study requirements
- Refund Schedule
If the international student is eligible for a refund and withdraws prior to the commencement of a course, the following refund schedule applies:
- If the request for withdrawal is received 28 days or more before the commencement of the course, 90% of pre-paid tuition fees will be refunded.
- If the request for withdrawal is received less than 28 days before the commencement of the course, 75% of pre-paid tuition fees will be refunded. If the international student is eligible for a refund and withdraws after the commencement of a course, the following refund schedule applies:
- If the request for withdrawal is received prior to the census date of the course, 50% of pre-paid tuition fees will be refunded
- If the request for withdrawal is received after the census date of the course, 0% of pre-paid tuition fees will be refunded.
- Payment of Tuition Fees
International students are required to pay tuition fees prior to the commencement of studies. If, after the census date, a student’s tuition fees are not paid, or the student has not made alternate arrangements, then the student will be notified of Leaders intention to report them to the Department of Home Affairs
For a package course, the initial course may be offered by the business partner but the principal course must be with Leaders. International students taking package courses are required to pay the first semester’s fees for both the initial course and the principal course of their package. For package courses, the refund of fees for the principal course (which must be with Leaders) will be governed by this refund policy.
Payment of refunds by Leaders
In the event of a student withdrawing from a unit of study, any fees paid by the student for that unit of study, will be refunded by Leaders within 28 days of a written claim being received.
- Refund of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
A Student may apply for a refund of the paid but unexpired portion of their OSHC premium where the student:
- Paid their OSHC premium but did not come to Australia;.
- Could not/did not extend their Student Visa;
- Returned to their home country before the end of their approved stay for reasons beyond their control;
- Has completed their studies at Leaders and are returning home; or.
- Has been granted Permanent Resident status in Australia.
Where monies for OSHC are held by Leaders, the refund will be processed by Leaders.
- I declare that the information I have supplied on this form is correct and complete, and the official academic records provided are a true record of my academic results. I agree to immediately advise Leaders Institute of any changes to the information provided on this form.
- I authorize Leaders Institute to obtain official records and results from any previous educational institutions I have attended.
- I declare that I have read and understood the published course information in the relevant Leaders Institute course guides and/or Leaders Institute website and that I have adequate information to proceed with the admission and/or enrollment process
- I declare that I have adequate funds available to cover tuition fees and living expenses (as applicable) for the duration of my degree and that I undertake to pay the prescribed tuition fee and other fees for which I am liable as part of my formal studies at Leaders Institute.
- I understand and accept my obligations to comply with the Australian Government’s provisions for full-time on campus international students upon enrolment at Leaders Institute including:.
- Agreeing to use temporary entry to Australia, if granted, for study purposes only..
- Agreeing that I will only be permitted to continue my study in Australia if I make satisfactory progress in my course.
- Agreeing to inform Leaders Institute of my Australian residential address and telephone number at the time of enrollment and to advise of any subsequent changes to these details while I am enrolled at Leaders Institute.
- Agreeing to return home on the completion of my study or at the expirationof my temporary entry permit.
- I agree to comply with all the conditions of admission and enrollment at Leaders Institute if admitted to candidature.
- I agree, if financially sponsored, to permit Leaders Institute to release details of my academic progress to my sponsoring body on request
- I understand that Leaders Institute may make available to Commonwealth and State Government agencies any information provided by me, pursuant to obligations under the ESOS Act and 2018 National Code.
- The information provided by the student to the provider may be made available to Commonwealth and State agencies, the Fund manager of the ESOS Assurance Fund, and the Tuition Assurance Scheme, pursuant to obligations under the ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code Standard 3.1; and the provider is required, under ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code, Standards 8 to 10, to tell the Department about: certain changes to the student’s enrollment; and any breach by the student of visa conditions relating to attendance or satisfactory academic performance. Additional information may be obtained from the Privacy and Personal Information Policy on the website. By completing this form I agree to the terms and conditions of studying with Leaders Institute and giving written permission to Leaders Institute to access your personal information and use it for statistical and administrative purposes.
76 Park Road, Woolloongabba Brisbane, Queensland, 4102, Australia
+61 (07) 3161 5566